This DIY face scrub smells so good and feels even better on! It uses gentle, moisturizing ingredients that won’t leave your skin irritated or inflamed.
It’s common to see DIY face scrub recipes containing ingredients that are too harsh for the face. White sugar, salt, and baking soda are a few ingredients I’ve seen, and don’t recommend! Leave the sugar/salt scrubs for the body and avoid using baking soda all together! Baking soda is extremely alkaline which disrupts the skin’s pH level, causing dryness and irritation.
This DIY face scrub recipe uses ground flax seeds and coconut palm sugar for a gentle scrub, yogurt which contains exfoliating lactic acid, and coconut milk powder which is extremely nourishing and moisturizing for the skin.
It’s literally good enough to eat!
Sweet Cream Sugar Scrub
- 1-2 TBS of full fat yogurt (Greek will give a thicker consistency)
- 1/2 TBS of Organic Traditions Coconut Milk Powder
- 1/2 TBS of ground flax seeds
- 1/2 TBS of Organic Traditions Coconut Palm Sugar (add this in at the very end right before applying)
1. Mix 1-2 TBS of full fat yogurt with 1/2 TBS of coconut milk powder
2. Add 1/2 TBS of ground flax seeds into the mixture
3. Blend 1/2 TBS of coconut palm sugar until just combined (don’t over mix or it will dissolve right away!)
4. Apply on a clean face and gently scrub away! After massaging for a little bit, leave the scrub on as a mask for 5-10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and follow up with your usual skincare routine.
Try using coconut milk powder and coconut palm sugar in other DIY skincare recipes! I’ll be sharing some of my other favourite ways in later blog posts!