Figure out your skin’s undertone
If you can’t find a lipstick colours that looks good on you, you’re probably reaching for the wrong shades. Just because it looks good on your bestie, doesn’t mean it will look good on you! You need to first figure out your skin’s undertone and then choose colours that are suitable.
Are you warm, cool, or neutral?
- Warm undertones are yellowish, peachy, beige, and olive tones that tan well and look good wearing gold.
- Cool undertones are pinkish or bluish, generally fair skin tones that don’t tan well and look good wearing silver.
- Neutral undertones carry both warm and cool tones and look good with both warm and cool colours.
When choosing a lipstick, it’s very simple once you know your undertone
- Warm undertones look good with warm lipstick colours (like peach, beige, and berry reds)
- Cool undertones look good with cool lipstick colours (like purples, and vintage reds)
- Neutral undertones look good with both cool and warm lipstick colours.
Watch the video now!
In the video I’m wearing: