YOGA FOR YOUR FACE!
Face massage has gotten a lot of hype lately –I talk about it all of the time too! It’s a simple step that you can add to your nightly routine that can really boost the health and appearance of your skin!
Face Massage Benefits:
- Helps increase circulation (which brings nutrients and oxygen to the skin)
- Helps reduce puffiness
- Revives tired and dull skin
- Helps products penetrate better
- Helps to tone and relax facial lines (where you hold tension)
Oils to use:
For face massage, I recommend using an oil to prevent pulling or tugging on the face. Apply your toner, serum, and moisturizer first, and then finish off your nightly routine by apply a rich facial oil with the massage.
Face oils can do a world of wonder for the skin. Pure plant-based oils are often rich in omega fatty acids and vitamins. They’re really like a multi-vitamin for the face! They can help to regulate oil production (if you have too much) and help re-enforce your skin’s natural protective barrier (if you produce too little). They can also help to treat specific skin conditions like heal scarring and lighten pigmentation.
Some of my favourite oils:
- Rosehip oil: Great for dry, aging, and sensitive skin; it can help even out skin tone, and fade hyper-pigmentation.
- Seabuckthorn oil: Similar to rosehip oil, but a better option for those who tend to be more acne-prone.
- Argan oil: Great for anti-aging, but tolerated well if you have oily skin or are prone to breakouts.
- Black cumin seed oil: Anti-inflammatory, great to use as a spot treatment for breakouts.
Give yourself a face massage, watch how!
There are many complicated routines out there, but it doesn’t have to be. You’ll less likely do it if there are a too many steps and fancy techniques involved! Try this simple routine instead!