This Fall’s hottest Makeup colours with well.ca
This fall, it’s all about burnt sienna, scarlet auburn, and rich burgundy. Every year vampy lips are popular (think: oxblood, wine, burgundy), but the 2017 fall makeup trends are shifting more to the orangey – brown shades.
No need to buy 10 different shades of eyeshadow and lipstick though, monochromatic colouring is very popular and the same shade can be used for the eyes, cheeks, and lips.
- A combo of scarlet auburn and metallic gold is all over the beauty feeds of Youtubers and Instagramers (Try: Pure Anada Loose Luminous Eye Colour in Marsala and Champagne).
- Powder blues are also very popular, especially as an accent liner (Try: Pure Anada Loose Luminous Eye Colour in Bahama Blue, Crocus, or Zuzu Liquid Liner in Azure).
- Lip colour is harkening back to the 90’s with burnt sienna and deep shades of mauve -brown (Try: Axiology lipstick in Infinite, Bad, or Identify)
- Two-toned, ombre lips are also showing up everywhere! Try using a darker lipstick (or liner) for the outer lips and fill the centre in with a lighter colour. (Try: Axiology lipstick in Bad and Instinct).
*Note: In the video I was using Axiology lipstick which is VERY creamy! Instead, I would recommend using a liner or a matte lipstick for the outer line. I also had no makeup brushes. Make your life easier and use the brushes! 🙂
- Dark blue-green nail polish is hot this fall! (Try: Pacifica 7 Free Nail colour in London Tom Boy).
- Dark burgundy is also a tried and true classic. (Try: Pacifica’s, Red Red Wine)
- For a neutral look, light grey and translucent whites are also very popular. (Try: Pacifica’s, Wonderland).